Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Two Wives... Part 10, Chapters 42 & 43

Chapter 42

Horse Theater

HORSE
What am I supposed to do?
Run around naked in circles?
Display my running prowess galloping?
Look at what’s happening:
the Two Wives are meeting the Women’s Club
and I’m left out here
in the center of the Arena.

NARRATOR
How do I feel?
A bit emasculated.
Indeed?

(Shouting to the Horse)


Pick me up! Show me the strength!
Do me well in the Arena!



Chapter 43

Approaching the Women's Club

HORSE
I see the sign (of the Women’s Club).
They’ll let me in!
I’ll be forever taken care of!
fed green grass, yellow hay,
fresh water, fruit
and other such good things.
And they’ll make warm special blankets
for me.
I’ll get some brown sugar
and be washed and combed.
I’ll be especially taken care of!

NARRATOR
But…No, they won’t. . .


WOMEN’S CLUB, to the Horse
STOP! There, at our entrance.
DON'T - DO NOT - come in!
Stay out there, dirty Horse,
until you are perfectly clean ONLY.



NO! Don’t come in at all!
Stay out there.
Don’t bother us.


NARRATOR
A real horse is outside of the mountain.
A real horse is approaching the Women’s Club.
He is sweet, likeable, dumb.
They won’t have him.
They’ll leave him out,
pestering out in the field,
galloping for show to no one,
unaware of his values and
certainly not aware of theirs
(of the logues - laws - of the Women’s Club -
the laws they’re there to preserve
inside the mountain, to have and to hold,
to hang on to at all costs).

Miserable mothers,
won’t they see how good he is - 
that amazing stallion?

That amazing stallion
stands up in the ring.
He even trots around bravely,
nobly, valiantly.

All that - I want for myself - in the Arena.

How will he influence the Women?
By bowing down under their indifference
beneath the cave-entrance?

The Horse in the Arena: a new tumult,
a new breakthrough
if he crashes through the barriers.

It’s a twist (in the plot) outside!
The Horse: in an Arena
or going up to the Women’s Club entrance
expecting to get in.
But then does he see: ‘HORSES NOT ADMITTED’?


(End of Chapters 42 & 43)

No comments:

Post a Comment