Sunday, April 8, 2012

Two Husbands'... Part 1, Chapter 15

 
A Flashback: El Sultam Bierstorm And How The Two Wives Escaped (Momentarily) From Off Of The Ship Captain’s Ledger

The Arab mathematician
 
Note To Readers: While the Two Husbands have been struggling in their offices, the Two Wives (turned into coins by the Prince Giant and gambled away to the Ship’s Captain) have been kept un-willfully employed upon the Captain’s ship. Every night they are made to dance as coins and perform tricks of all kinds at the Captain’s table. Soon he has them performing for money in every port.
   Also on board the ship is the great traveler, the great mathematician and geographer, El Sultam Bierstorm, a German-Arab collector who has become fascinated by the antics of the two coin-shaped ladies. Formally introducing himself to them, he learns of their sad present dillema and resolves to give them his aid in contacting their two husbands.


EL SULTAM
I greatly sympathize with the two little Ladies
who are made to dance and sing almost every night.
Yet, it’s apparent that they still want to get a message
off to their husbands, who they left behind.
They are sure their husbands would want
to come find them now!

(El Sultam Bierstorm secretly enters the Ship’s Captain’s office
with the Two Wives)

With my drops
I will include the Wives
in certain numbers’ shapes and travel
so that they can get going to see
their two husbands far away.

(El Sultam administers his special German Formulas to the Two Wives on the Captain’s ledger)

They will fly off of the Ship Captain’s ledger
where all the important numbers are,
including the Ladies own!

(Some numbers on the ledger are agitated and rise up into the air)

Two Wives making an escape

NARRATOR
The numbers dancing out on
the pages of an open book...

ONLOOKER
The numbers are dancing out on
the open pages of the Captain’s book!
They’ve come to life - with faces!
This has been unheard of!

NARRATOR
The numbers dancing on top of the open pages
of his book will include the Two Wives.
They are making a temporary escape.

ONLOOKER
Bound into books!
He was able to get them into a book
to escape by their popping out of it
disguised as numbers.

(The Two Wives’ experience inside of the numbers)

TWO WIVES
Everything’s projecting out.

My eyes are bugging.

My mouth is stiff and frozen.

I can’t breathe well.

My shoulders feel square and heavy.

My feet are pressing together
    toe to toe,
as if I’m scared and afraid -
    diminishing
beneath something dark and ominous
that looms over me.

Yes. I can’t feel my toes very well.
And my legs are straight up.

Mr. El Sultam has got some German voodoo going on
and we can feel it!

NARRATOR
El Sultam keeps concentrating on his German formulas 
and the Ship Captain’s ledger.
Is there also a song that he sings about wives and money?
He’s humming...

How the Two Wives "escaped" from the Ship's Captain

EL SULTAM begins to sing,
The Two Wives are money.
So, they go far in my estimation.
They fly over the sea (of troubles)
and engage their husbands happily.
Or, maybe, they’ll be stern
and not magnanimous.

I don’t know?
Who can tell?
Don’t tell me!

The Wives fly easily.
Such earnest numbers and money
are the same exactly.
Like dipping water into water
and flying air into air
they’ll arrive at their wishful destination there -
in the husbands’ offices with glee -
or disdain - I can’t tell?
Don’t tell me!

Just money and women
in the air
will let it all hang out
when their numbers get there.
The husbands will really be surprised.
Achtung!

TWO WIVES
Breathe!

Breathe! I feel my breath is stolen away.
I can’t talk.

I think we’re supposed to be asleep.

I’m out of touch.

So am I.

(The Two Wives in their numbers fly to their husbands’ offices, as reported earlier. The effects of El Sultam’s Formulas last for a short period of time, only.  The Two Wives must return as numbers to the ledger in the Ship Captain’s office where they will be revived again as nimble Ladies out upon the page)

EL SULTAM
The German Formulas have been used effectively
around the world by my friends!
I see the numbers can come alive!
Just like the little Wives! Yah!

Hearing something


(End of Chapter 15) 

1 comment:

  1. Achtung indeed! Really clever stuff, Steve, and such fun to read!

    ReplyDelete